UA Ruhr News Center
21. April 2023
UA Ruhr Image Film Contest: Call for entries
The North American office of University Alliance Ruhr is hosting an image film competition, where students are asked to create a 60 second image film featuring footage from all three of our campuses and giving North American audiences a glimpse into student life in the Ruhr Area.
The contest starts on April 20th, 2023, and lasts until May 20th, 2023, at 11:59pm (CET). Participants must be students or recent alumni at a university of the University Alliance Ruhr, namely Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Technische Universität Dortmund, or Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- The film must include footage of all three universities and must not have a voice over.
- The focus of the film is to give a glimpse into campus and student life in the Ruhr Area to a North American Audience.
- The film may include short clips, copyright free music, title cards, subtitles etc. If you are using facts (such as numbers of students, researchers, etc) about University Alliance Ruhr institutions – please reach out to us before including it in the final video.
- Only videos that are between 60 and 80 seconds in length, 1080x1080 pixels (landscape) or 1080x1350 pixels (portrait) in quality and have a maximum file size of 4GB can be considered.
- The participants themselves must be the authors of the submitted contribution. The contribution may only contain content that the participants have produced themselves. This includes, for example, own texts and own music, or license-free music that is not subject to GEMA (see also www.gema.de).
- A jury will review all entries and reserves the right not to publish or to disqualify entries.
- The winner of the competition will receive 400€ as a prize.
Participants will send the signed entry form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and will then receive a personalized dropbox link to upload their video file to.
More information and the entry form are available here.